Saturday, 5 February 2011

THE CHRIS HINZE COMBINATION - MISSION SUITE 1973


The highly inventive, talented flautist, Chris Hinze introduces his combination group on this recording.
A gem of european fusion style, stirring stuff.


Chris Hinze - Flutes
Rob van de Broeck - Electric piano
John Lee - Bass
Gerry Brown - Drums
Sigi Schwab - Guitar
Henny Vonk - Vocals, percussion
Cees See & Wim van der Beek - Percussion

Di-da-de-lu-da
Mission suite
Deliverance
The ballad
Bamboo funk

http://www.mediafire.com/?tp2pw6pply61rgu






10 comments:

  1. great album really like Chris Hinze
    my fave of his still, who can see the shadow of the sun, have you heard it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Reza, but if I can recall it sounded too loose for me,but thanks for the reference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just replay the first track from shadow of the sun and re listen ...monstrous

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Steve, I used to have this LP, but must have traded it along the way sometime...I'll wait patiently for your new rip to get re-acquainted...
    if possible introduce me to the album Reza refers to? he usually don't use words like monstrous carelessly [:-)
    peace, E-mile

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi E-Mile,you can evaluate it from the splendid
    http://lysergicfunk.blogspot.com/2010/03/and-now-great-lysergicjazz-record.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Steve, thanks for the link, when I look at the cover I realize this one must have made it out the back door somehow too [:-) I used to have this slice of vinyl!!! Guess back then I wasn't into Chris' his flutin' after all, probably swapped it for some Alquin or Spin or even some Yes album...aah those were the days, you'd bring a bag full of LP's and without leaving all too much money behind, you'd leave the record shop with a whole new bag of goodies to be explored...
    peace, E-mile

    ReplyDelete
  7. chris hinze is a pretty interesting guy. i've enjoyed most of his recordings. thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers Steve, I love a bit of far out flute with my brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Muchas gracias.

    ReplyDelete