Friday, 1 April 2011

JOHN STUBBLEFIELD - MIDNIGHT SUN 1980


Solid saxophonist John Stubblefield with a full ensemble group, the heartfelt ballad of Little Prince is particularly moving.

John Stubblefield - Tenor & soprano saxophone
Joe Gardner - Trumpet & flugelhorn
Kiane Zawadi - Euphonium & trombone
Hubert Eaves - Electric piano
Reggie Lucas - Guitar
Cecil Mcbee - Bass
Clifford Barbaro - Drums

Amor sonador
Free spirits
Midnight sun
Little prince
Song for one

http://www.mediafire.com/?9fncem6srgrwc93

4 comments:

  1. Whoah, hanging out for this, many thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Simon I have "Prelude" on vinyl, though if there is any interest I have his 1979 Denon LP
    "Midnight over Memphis" more of a jazz-funk affair,which I could post in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to hear that one Steve, whenever you feel inclined :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. T'll try and dig it out next week Simon,also the blogs' new url address is-
    http://cuttinthecaketime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete