Drummer Peter Magadini delivers a masterclass in rhythms within rhythms, the whole group are excellent throughout especially George Duke. Get a slice.
Peter Magadini - Drums, percussion
George Duke - Acoustic piano, keyboards
Don Menza - Tenor & soprano saxophone, flute, piccolo
Dave Young - Electric bass
Doin' time and a half
Five for barbara
Midnight bolero
The modulator
Seventy-fourth avenue
Samba de rollins
http://www.mediafire.com/?ddlx4yre67wg3xm
Thanks Steve! Really enjoying Duke's playing on tracks 2 and 3 in particular, great stuff :)
ReplyDeleteMany thanks !
ReplyDeleteReal gem !
Yeah! Just got around to 'spinnin' this one, diggin' it! Great session, keep 'em comin' !
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad I discovered this site : )
ReplyDeleteWonderful stuff, thanks a lot!!!
Fantastic ! I got already The Magadini/Menza (great tenor !) "The Bone Blues" (Sackville records) and was always looking for another session by the same ones !
ReplyDeleteThanks to you I have it now !
Fantastic!
ReplyDeleteClassic LP. Thanks for the upload.
ReplyDeleteHi Steve ... many thanks.
ReplyDelete