A year on from the 'Mission Suite' recording and the 'Combination' are in full flight with this tour de force of jazz fusion, and at the core is the dynamic John Lee/Gerry Brown rhythm section. I really dig how John Lee achieves this gritty bass string sound on top of the percussive drumming of Brown, gripping stuff. A tremendous record from a combination of fascinating musicians.
Chris Hinze - Flutes
Philip Catherine - Electric & acoustic guitar
John Lee - Fender bass
Gerry Brown - Drums & percussion
Rob Van Den Broeck - Fender electric piano, grand piano
Jasper Van 't Hof - Fender electric piano, organ
Jan Huydts - Grand piano, synthesizer
Robert Jan Stips - Organ
Henny Vonk - Vocals
Skyrider
Easy answering
I like to feed a smile on your face
Unity
The second coming
Sister slick
http://www.mediafire.com/?93dqeykdudxr5q4
Superb continuation of the combination! Loving this one as much if not more than the last. I'll have to play them back to back next, should be seamless. That heavy bass reminds me of Back Door but this lot have so much more going on. Freaky flute forever!
ReplyDeleteThanks Van,this group is cruchin'.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
ReplyDelete