Wednesday, 24 August 2011

EDDIE MARSHALL - DANCE OF THE SUN 1977


I have been keen to post something by the marvelous vibist Bobby Hutcherson but his recordings have been so generously documented by the gents at OIR and PP, I decided to feature his favoured sidemen of many excellent dates. So first up is the propulsion of drummer Eddie Marshall, heartfelt stuff.



Manny Boyd - Tenor & soprano saxophones
Bobby Hutcherson - Vibraharp
George Cables - Piano
James Leary - Bass
Eddie Marshall - Drums & percussion

The high priestess of gone
The stroll
Salt peanuts
Danielle
But I refuse to come down
Andree
http://www.mediafire.com/?irrm2m2i2d81ubf

3 comments:

  1. Cheers Steve, lovely stuff. Excellent idea to feature Hutcherson's sidemen, really ace! Looking forward to future postings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://orgyinrhythm.blogspot.com/search?q=eddie+marshall
    I thought i'd heard this before - OIR beat you to it!Thanks all the same a great lp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for all your posts!

    ReplyDelete