Monday, 17 January 2011

THE JOHN PAYNE BAND - BEDTIME STORIES 1975


Funky jazz fusion from the John Payne band, especially impressed by keyboardist Louis Levin.


John Payne - Saxophones, Flute
Louis Levin - Keyboards
Scott Lee - Bass
Gerald Murphy - Drums & Percussion

Snow
Fancy Free
Song for Love
African Brother
Scenes from a Journey
Thelonious Funk
Rush

http://www.mediafire.com/?o1bmt8xge26rjvi

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Steve, nice keyboards here as you say :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing this back in the day,but never heard it.looking forward to it.Thanks for the share and good luck with the blog...I`ll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support gents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. loves me some Payne-Levin, the '76 & '77 LPs are just as good

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Quimsy, this band was pretty strong and their other dates are equally as good, but I very rarely see them in the bins. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete